1. This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
3. I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all my clients and visitors to my website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me.
5. This policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6. The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at: www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
7. I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
1. Information I process because I have a contract with you
When you become my client, a contract is formed between you and me. The service I provide to you as a client necessarily entails you providing me with personal information. I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us. I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information I process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you ask me to provide you more information about my service, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information. Wherever possible, I aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information. Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you write to me requesting a response. Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to me by email at: email@example.com.
3. Information I process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to me, of doing so.
Where I process your information on this basis, I do after having given careful consideration to:
• whether I could achieve the same objective by other means
• whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
• whether you would expect me to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
• record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of my business
• protecting and asserting your rights, our rights, or the rights of any other third party
• protecting your interests where I believe I have a duty to do so
4. Information I process because I have a legal obligation
In exceptional cases I may process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. This may include your personal information. For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if I had reason to believe that someone is at serious risk of harm. I would discuss any proposed disclosure with you unless I believed that to do so could increase the level of risk to you or to someone else.
Specific uses of information you provide to me
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through my website or by email, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I may keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track my communications with you.
Access to your personal information
• At any time you may review or update or request that I remove personally identifiable information that I hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• After receiving the request, I will tell you when I expect to provide you with the information.
• When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
• If a dispute is not settled then I hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with me in a process of mediation or arbitration.
• If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Compliance with the law